Who will receive funding from the Rebuild Texas Fund?
Funding through the Rebuild Texas Fund will be provided to eligible nonprofit, government, and philanthropic organizations working on the ground in Texas communities, big and small, that have been affected by Hurricane Harvey. The fund will support organizations that provide services in six focus areas – community and economic development; health; housing; education and childcare; transportation and workforce; and capital for rebuilding small businesses.
Learn more about the projects we are funding: www.rebuildtx.org/areas-of-work
Can individuals or families apply for funding?
We believe the most impactful way to help is by working with organizations that have first-hand knowledge of the needs of the communities, and how to scale solutions to reach all the people they serve. As a result, we are not accepting applications from individuals or families through the Rebuild Texas Fund.
The Rebuild Texas Fund programmatic team is reaching out to disaster relief, recovery, and rebuilding experts and practitioners in the field. These organizations will provide expertise and support to families across the state for years to come.
Resources for families and individuals impacted by Hurricane Harvey:
- 211 Texas
- Office of the Texas Governor: Texas Hurricane Center (statewide and regional resources)
- The Governor’s Commission to Rebuild Texas
- Texas Rebuilds
- FEMA Hurricane Harvey page
- FEMA Disaster Survivor’s Checklist
How can an organization apply for funding?
Organizations may apply using the proposal form below to apply for funding. Organizations will be asked for the following information:
- Contact Information
- Project Budget
- Executive Summary: 3-4 line summary of the proposal.
- Problem Statement: Define the problem or issue you are working to address
- Project Description: Provide a summary of your request and the overall project this grant will be funding. Please state how the project addresses the issues outlined in the problem statement and what the partnership between RTF and the organization would look like.
Which organizations have received funding from Rebuild Texas Fund?
You can find information on all the organizations that have received funding from the Rebuild Texas Fund here: www.rebuildtx.org/areas-of-work